Ingredients you will need for the Autumn Salad:
Yellow Bell Pepper (red or green)
Salad Leaves (Lettuce or your favorite)
Red or Regular Onion
Cherry Tomatoes or Regular Tomatoes
Salt & Pepper
1 Tablespoon Mustard
1 Tablespoon Vinegar or Lime Juice
I have always been a huge fan of The Sims franchise and even though everyone is obsessed with the latest Sims 4, I'm still playing the old school Sims. One of the most exciting part of the games is cooking, I always wanted to try out the Sims food myself, so today I'm going to show you how to prepare famous Autumn Salad!
Warm vegetable salads are my favorite meals, they always taste amazing and the flavor of the spices and vegetables opens in a different, unique way. The Sims 3 Autumn Salad is a great choice if you prefer a healthy lunch break, because it feels like a full meal. It took me about 45 minutes to prepare a huge bowl of an Autumn Salad, but you can make a little single portion almost in no time!
The tradition Sims 3 Autumn Salad recipe features all raw ingredients and a red opinion, but to tell the truth I don't imagine eating raw eggplant, so I've decided to slightly upgraded the salad for my own taste. For my Autumn Salad I've used a regular onion, because there was no red onion in my supermarket. If you are not a fan of the specific ingredients I used to prepare this salad please feel free to substitute them with any other vegetables you like. Let`s start!
How to prepare the Sims 3 Autumn Salad:
- Start by washing all of the vegetables and leaves for our Autumn Salad, rinse the vegetables thoroughly in cold water, making sure to wash away any dirt from the surface of the skin. Let them dry a little on a clean paper tissue.
- Now you can start to slice the vegetables (eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, onion and tomato). Use a sharp chef's knife to cut them into rings, but be careful while working with the knife. Sprinkle eggplant rings with salt and let it sit for a few minutes - salt will remove bitterness of the eggplant Remove any excess salt by wrapping the eggplant in a kitchen towel or rinse it under the water.
- To make the onion rings tastier I like to marinate them before putting it in the Autumn Salad:
- Slice peeled onion into thin slices, separate into rings and place in a bowl.
- Mix sugar, vinegar (lime, lemon juice), warm water and spices. Cover the onion rings with the mixture and let for 30 minutes.
- Heat the cooking pan and add a few drops of vegetable oil, I prefer to use soybean oil, but a clean sunflower oil is great as well. Fry the zucchini and eggplant on both sides, let them cool down on a clean paper tissue, it will absorb extra oil.
- Place salad leaves in a separate bowl, remove marinated onion rings from the marinate and put it with all of the vegetables together. Mix the Autumn Salad with the dressing and let it sit for 10 - 15 minutes. Bon Appetit!
I feel like my cooking skills have increase, just by sharing with you this recipe. Please let me know in the comment section if you tried out my recipe of the Autumn Salad and if you find cooking posts interesting and useful for you, I'm so excited to hear your opinion! In the future I plan to recreate more Sims 3 food recipes in real life, so stay tuned ! Are you still a Sims 3 fan?
- Rate article:
- Total Person:
- Rate difficulty: