Cool weather, sweaters, fireplace gettogethers, hot tea & spicy coffee. We love autumn for its coziness, calmness, and… pumpkin! Here is our choice of the amazing and easy-to-make recipes. Perfect for this time of the year!
1. Baked Pumpkin Donuts with a Maple Glaze
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease the donut pans.
- Stir oil, eggs, sugar, pumpkin, spices, salt, and baking powder together in a large bowl. Then add flour and mix until smooth.
- Fill donut pans with the batter using a pipping bag (or a plastic bag). Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Make a glaze while donuts are being baked by whisking all the ingredients together.
- Let the donuts cool down before dipping in the glaze.
Enjoy with a morning coffee or an afternoon cup of tea!☕
2. Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Add 2 tbsp. of pumpkin puree with a ¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice to a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook for approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute, until the mixture is very fragrant. Then, add 1 tbsp. sugar and stir for 30 more seconds until the mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Slowly pour in 1 cup of almond milk and add ½ tsp. vanilla. Stir until the mixture is hot (~ 2-3 minutes). Note: do not let the mixture boil.
Optional: pour the mixture through a fine mesh sieve/strainer to remove any thicker pieces of pumpkin and chalky spices.
3. Add ¼ cup of strongly brewed coffee (tastes better than adding espresso).
You can add some coconut whipped cream, more pumpkin spice and cinnamon for taste. Enjoy it on cool & cozy autumn evenings!♥
3. Sweet Potato Waffles
- Mix all the ingredients, besides egg whites, in a large bowl with a mixer, or well by hand. The batter should come out thick.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg whites with electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Gently mix the egg whites with the batter using a spatula.
- Preheat your waffle maker and lightly brush it with coconut oil.
- Cook every batch until golden, brushing the waffle maker with oil again before cooking the next batch.
Serve it with fresh fruit and/or maple syrup. Yum!☺