Perfume Suggestions for the Winter Season
Choosing a perfume is not easy, especially if you always go for the same one. But it’s always good to be open to new fragrances. The smell of your perfume will be the social indicator of you so, it’s good to check the options before you buy it.
In winter, it’s better to go for a bit heavier scents, because in cold weather, fragrance odors disappear and evaporate faster. Therefore, you can prefer woody and spicy fragrances. We can call winter perfumes as more alcohol-containing ones and they mostly carry amber, cinnamon, musk, pumpkin, woody and spicy fragrances. Although more intense ones are preferred in winter, also avoid using very heavy odors in daily life. It’s important to use the right perfume in the right place and time. Not every perfume will smell the same on every skin. To make sure the scent will match with your skin, consider trying it on your wrist first.
Perfumes contain top notes, middle notes and base notes. The base note has the biggest impact on the fragrance. To choose your winter perfume, you can check which base note they have.
Here are some suggestions from me and I hope you will like them!
1. Dolce Gabbana – The One (Woman) / Eau de Parfum
The One is the smell of women who love to attract attention. It combines the contemporary fruit ingredients with the perfumer’s classic palette of white flowers. The One is one of the Dolce Gabbana’s remarkable perfumes with elegant and noble bottle design. This fragrance has a strong personality. It shines out with mandarin and peach and complements the floral notes with woody notes. It’s described as oriental floral, modern, sensory and captivating.
- Top Notes: Bergamot, Mandarin, Lychee, Peach
- Middle Notes: Madonna Lily, Muguet, Plum, Jasmine
- Base Notes: Vanilla, Amber, Musk
2.Yves Saint Laurent – Libre / Eau de Parfum
Libre is the new perfume of Yves Saint Lauren for women. They define it as the perfume of strong, brave and free-spirited women. Libre is an oriental fragrance. The burning sensation of the Moroccan orange flower combines with the French lavender and creates a feminine fragrance. The bottle is inspired by luxury accessories and draws attention with sharp lines. It combines masculine structures with ultimate femininity.
- Top Notes: Mandarin, Orange, Lavender, Black Currant, Petitgrain
- Middle Notes: Jasmine, Lavender, Orange Blossom
- Base Notes: Madagascar Vanilla, Cedar Ambergris, Musk
3.Michael Kors – Wanderlust / Eau de Parfum
Michael Kors’ Wanderlust is a sophisticated, oriental floral one. This perfume is a good choice for the bergamot scent lovers. It is inspired by “an infinite desire for adventure, romance and discovery”. The fragrance is warm, smooth and feminine. Wanderlust becomes softer with almond milk scent, carries the freshness of Italian bergamot and attractiveness of pink pepper. It’s a blend of luxurious blossoms and spiced notes.
- Top Notes: Italian Bergamot, Sicilian Mandarin, Almond Milk, Pink Pepper
- Middle Notes: Jasmine, Carnation, Heliotrope
- Base Notes: Benzoin, Sandalwood, Cashmere Wood
4.Carolina Herrera – Good Girl / Eau de Parfum
The subtle contrasts and power of a woman’s character are symbolized in this fragrance. Good Girl has an elegant, black stiletto shaped bottle. While the feminine jasmine and stimulating tuberose define a woman’s bright side, tonka bean and tempting cacao express her mystery and awaken the bad part inside. These tones represent the complex duality of modern femininity.
- Top Notes: Almond, Coffee, Bergamot, Lemon
- Middle Notes: Jasmine Sambac, Tuberose, Orris, Bulgarian Rose, Orange Blossom
- Base Notes: Tonka Bean, Cacao, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Praline, Cinnamon, Cedar, Cashmere Wood, Patchouli, Amber, Musk
5.Gucci – Mèmoire D’une Odeur
Memoire D’une Odeur is a unisex perfume, which is identified by the note of Roman chamomile. Roman chamomile is structured with Indian jasmine petals, precious musk, cedarwood, noble wood and vanilla note. These notes bring lightness to the fragrance. We can say that it is slightly lighter than the perfumes I mentioned above. At the same time, sandalwood brings intensity to its structure. This perfume will activate the memory of smell of the people around you.
- Top Notes: Roman Chamomile, Bitter Almond
- Middle Notes: Musk, Indian Jasmine, Jasmine
- Base Notes: Sandalwood, Cedar, Vanilla