A derma roller, widely known as micro-needle roller is a special cosmetic device, equipped with hundreds of medical micro-needles. This tiny needles can be rolled on the surface of the skin, causing micro-damage of the epidermis (top layer of the skin). When the skin experience trauma, it promotes an intense cell regrowth and stimulates the development of collagen. As a result we see an even, glowing and healthy-looking skin. You can use derma roller to treat various skin conditions: post-acne (dark or red acne marks), scarring, hyperpigmentation, fine lines, hair loss, stretch marks and cellulite. Derma Roller System rollers are available in five different sizes, so you can pick the perfect roller depending on your treatment.
In my case, I'm going to use Derma Roller System treatment to reduce the appearance of cellulite and mimic wrinkles under the eyes. Fortunately, the 1.0 mm. derma roller can be used for both facial and body treatment. It comes safely packed in a special plastic container and wrapped in plastic bag. Together with selected roller you will receive a PerfectDerm collagen facial mask* and a detailed instruction, that will teach you how to use and take care of your micro-needling device.
- Prepare your skin before Derma Roller System treatment by washing it with a mild cleanser. Don't forget to wash and dry your hands and disinfect you work table. Fill in a small plastic container with regular rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide and place the roller inside, so the movable part is completely covered with sterilizer. Soak it for 30 minutes and let it air-dry.
- Start the treatment gently rolling over the area four times vertically and four times diagonally (see in the instruction). Avoid using your derma roller on sensitive areas of the skin like eyelids and lips.
- After you finished the treatment, apply a calming moisturizer, gently massaging it on the treated areas. You can use a PerfectDerm collagen mask to promote skin regeneration and saturate the treated skin with collagen.
- If you use the roller during the day time, apply sunscreen on your face and body to protect it from harsh UV rays.
- Depending on the type of your derma roller you can use it once per day up to five times per week (for 0,5 mm. rollers).
- Rinse the derma roller under the hot running water and place it in disinfection for 30 minutes - 1 hour after the treatment. Place the roller on a clean paper towel and air-dry it. Store it back into the original case to protect the needles from dust.
The Derma Roller System treatment is absolutely painless, but if you have an extremely sensible skin it is better to consult dermatologists before starting the treatment. Right after the procedure your skin might look and feel slightly irritated and sensible, but it is absolutely normal. Micro-needles traumatize the skin in order to trigger body's natural healing process, but a special calming moisturizer will reduce the irritation. I just love using a special anti-aging DermaCell moisturizer to hydrate my face after the treatment.
The DermaCell moisturizer is water-based, therefore it feels lightweight and absorbs deeply into the skin in no time. Its hydrating formula is enriched with hydrolyzed collagen, anti-aging ingredients and nourishing ingredients, which help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and make your feel more firm. Such ingredients as Triticum Vulgare - the wheat germ extract, contains special cellular components, essential for protein synthesis in the tissue; Pulsatilla koreana or "grandmother flower" - a traditional Korean plant widely used in traditional medicine, it has an anti-inflammatory effect on the skin, calming down irritations and reducing redness and vitamin B in the form of Niacinamide, that improves overall skin appearance and hydration.
After the first week of Derma Roller System treatment I noticed that the skin on my hips and inner thighs has a much smoother appearance. The dimple effect is slightly decreased and the skin feels more firm and tight. Regular exercising and healthy lifestyle together with Derma Roller System treatment will definitely make the cellulite disappear faster.
If used correctly and depending on the skin condition, the first dramatic results will be visible after the three-five weeks of regular microneedling treatment. Our skin renews itself every 27 days and therefore your treatment should be continued for at least three-month period. After this period your skin should heal completely and be healthy and smooth.
Overall, I just love Derma Roller System treatment. It is extremely easy and fast in usage. I put my derma roller on the end table and it became an important part of my night time routine. Comparing with other fine lines and cellulite treatments, derma roller is much more affordable and, if used properly, it can serve you a long time. Have you ever tried dermarolling therapy? Please let me know your experience with this device, I'm excited to hear you opinion!
- Rate article: