When the world seems to be harsh and constantly judging us, it is important to pause and look inward for the unconditional self-love that we have been trying to find outside. To begin the journey of self-love, start by looking inward and knowing yourself better; because it's going to tell you where you need to start. When we remind ourselves to cultivate more compassion and self-love for ourselves, we also take care of our mental health and well-being by keeping anxiety, depression, and stress at bay.
Our society constantly works in a way where we are supposed to be there for others, but ourselves! In this process we forget that we must prioritize ourselves too once in a while. We put everyone else's needs first over ourselves, and this is where we lose our identity, freedom, and value. Don't get me wrong! Taking care of yourself is as important and compulsory as taking care of others. We must not forget to fill our cup too before we fill others'.
Self-love and self-care was never a priority for me until I hit the bottom once. I kept giving and giving until I realized that I had nothing left for myself to feel happy and healthy. That's when I started my self-love journey, first by saying, 'no!' Sometimes saying no is the best self-care.
Always remember, you are not an option! Therefore start prioritizing self-love and care for yourself. During our tough moments it can get very hard to feel love for yourself. And therefore I'm going to share these ten important reminders to help you find the self-love for yourself, because these special quotes have helped me find the true love within myself for myself <3
Also I'm excited to share the news with you that, new Self-Love eCards [created by me using my "special" patterns artwork] are now available for purchase at the marketplace here in Fashion Potluck. These eCards come with special encouraging, and uplifting messages to help you find self-love during those difficult moments of life when you're in dire need of some motivation and encouragement. The link to the previous post that will tell you about my art patterns can be found in this link.
Now, I've a video that I want to share with you all, to tell you more about my art, and the eCards that you can purchase from the marketplace.
Ten Important Self-Love Reminders for you from some amazing women I admire:
- "When a woman becomes her own best friend, life is easier." ~Diane von Furstenberg
- "How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you." ~Rupi Kaur
- "Only make decisions that support your self-image, self-esteem, and self-worth." ~Oprah
- "That five pounds lost won't make you happier, that more make-up won't make you prettier, that now-iconic saying from Jerry Maguire- 'You complete me'- frankly isn't true. You are complete with or without a partner. You are enough just as you are." ~Meghan Markle, The Tig
- "Your self-worth is determined by you. You don't have to depend on someone telling you who you are." ~Beyoncé
- "What you need to know is, nobody can save you or heal you. Only you can do that for you." ~Jennifer Lopez
- "I used to be bound by people who placd limits on what they thought I could do. Through that, I learned that if you want something, you have to be the one to go out and do it. If you don't ask for something, you're not going to get it." ~Ashley Graham
- "You have to believe in yourself when no one else does." ~Serena Williams
- “When I say ‘embrace your weirdness’, it means embrace the things you don’t like about yourself. For a time, to me, that was almost everything. But I’ve learned to embrace all the things I find about myself, if they’re good and even if they’re bad. After all, I fall in love with someone because of their flaws. And I’ve learned to love myself because of my flaws, too.” ~ Cara Delevingne to Elle
- “You may not be the best that ever did it, you may not be the prettiest or the tallest or the funniest or the most talented or whatever you tell yourself that you’re not—if you’re stubborn and if you don’t give up and you work really hard—no one else can ever be you.”~ Pink during her Hollywood Walk of Fame acceptance speech
When you truly love yourself, you own your emotions, grow through failures and live a purpose-driven, passionate, beautiful life. When you are anchored towards self-love- you create a deep bond with your soul self. You start valuing your existence, no matter where you are in life! You no more feel paralyzed by the fear of not being accepted.
Photo by Omid Armin on Unsplash
Self-love is the most purest form of love, that allows you to explore all your feelings around it. When you're madly in love with yourself, you get to understand how our emotions are directly connected to our physical and mental health. We become more agile towards learning our mind, body, and soul needs. Negative emotions like; guilt, hatred, envy, anger, revenge, etc,. starts melting down to more accepting and compassionate feelings.
Self-awareness is self-love. The more you begin to know yourself, the more transparent, honest, and accepting you become towards yourself.
No one has a better undersanding of your innermost thoughts and needs. Only you can find that out, and fill that gap [need for love]. No one else will ever experience life the same way you do. They may empathize and show compassion to you after you share your feelings with them, but they will never ever experience what and how you experience things. Therefore keep these ten self-love quote reminders handy by writing them down somewhere where you can see and read them everyday, and keep reminding yourself to give some love, care, and attention to yourself every single moment.